This past weekend I was lucky enough to be included in one of my dearest childhood friend’s weddings as a bridesmaid. Here are a few pics of us ladies getting ready, and a shot from later in the evening with my handsome hubby Sorry for the poor picture quality – all were taken on my cell phone.
A look back through April, as told by Instagram:
- We started off the month with a fabulous vacation in the Dominican Republic.
- On a grey day upon our return, I snapped a shot of the Empire State disappearing into the fog.
- Josh and I treated ourselves to dinner at a fantastic BBQ place near our home in Port Washington after spending a full day packing.
- Packed up the U-haul, and headed to Queens (and yes, I drove!).
- This lone yellow tulip in our yard really symbolized the coming of spring.
- Free Arts NYC held a benefit auction last week, where Richard Phillips was honored to raise money for inner-city art programs.
- Dimona enjoyed the nice weather when her bed was moved outside to the deck.
- Her mother enjoyed the nice weather this past weekend in Central Park with some friends.
- A final shot of the Port Washington harbor, as we prepare to start May in Queens. It will be missed!
I hope you all had a beautiful April, and are looking forward to May as much as I am! xo
Over the weekend, Josh and I began the painful process of moving. We found a newly renovated one-bedroom in Jackson Heights, Queens, that in just over a week we will be calling home. Saturday was spent packing boxes, Sunday was spent “U”-hauling the goods to the new apartment. My amazing in-laws met us there to help us unload and clean – we really couldn’t have made it through the day without them!
We loved LOVED Brooklyn, and even though we were reluctant at first and only thought of it as temporary, we grew to love living on Long Island in the suburbs as well. Dimona [dog] certainly loved the suburbs the most!
Our new chapter in Queens I’m sure will only bring amazing things. I could see us settling in for a while, and as someone who has only lived in the same place a maximum of two years for the past ten years (7 different moves in that time) this is quite a relaxing and comforting thought! I’m excited to make a new home for my husband and our dog, and hope to be able to share some decorating adventures here soon. Anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself!
We still need to move most of our clothing, our art, and electronics, but very soon we’ll be all set up. Next time I see you all, I’ll be blogging from my new boro! xoxo
I had to. I just had to. These little babies popped up during my online guilty Gilt shop during lunch and there was no turning back. They arrive in a few days. Side note to my husband: go easy on me
I love the juxtaposition of the nude, coral, and metallic leather straps. The deal ($79 down from $215) wasn’t bad either!
Here are a few other fab sandals that offer just a touch of metallic, obviously on track to be one of this summer’s trends:
What do you guys think? Will touches of metallic make it into your shoe wardrobe this spring/summer? xo