Happy Thursday! I haven’t been feeling well these past few days, and even worse today. I totally blame it on the rain and sudden drop in temperature. I’ll be resting up today for the big weekend ahead – I have my first wedding dress fittting!! I haven’t seen the dress since I tried on the sample and ordered it back in March. No words for my excitement level right now
Anyway, on to the recipe. I made this version of an egg-in-a-hole this morning using some bell peppers I had left over from the steak kebabs. I attempted to use liquid egg-whites instead of an actual egg, which wasn’t exactly successful. The whites were just a bit too runny and didn’t stay inside the bell pepper well. I made lemonade out of lemons though, and still ate the egg with bell pepper, and a little swiss cheese on top. Next time I’ll just bite the bullet on the extra fat and cholesterol and use a real egg :). My camera was out of batteries but it’s probably for the best since my version was a hot mess! Here are some other great pics of the same recipe I scoured the internet for from the blog Shutterbean.
You Will Need: (Serves 3-4)
- Pam cooking spray or 2 tsp EVOO
- 1 Bell Pepper cut into 1″ thick rings
- 3-4 eggs, depending on how many rings you cut
- salt and black pepper
- Your choice of cheese for on top (I used baby swiss, but cheddar would be excellent too!)
- Spray pan or coat with EVOO, let heat up for a minute or two over medium high heat.
- Add the bell peppers to the pan. Cook 2 minutes on the first side, then flip over.
- Add the egg, let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Depending on how you like your egg: If you prefer sunny side up, add cheese, let cook for another minute, and then eat! If you prefer over easy: this is the part where you flip the egg and pepper together using a large flat spatula. Be careful! Then add cheese and serve after 1-2 minutes of cooking the other side.
- Serve with toast or english muffin if desired, or just eat it alone! Enjoy!
Praying for some sunshine, or at least for our rain to make it’s way down to TX where they really need it! Have a great day